DEPARTMENT OF INDUSTRIES
DIRECTOR: MR. HENRY I. UGBECHIE
- Formulating and Updating the Delta State Industrial Policy;
- Formulating, Implementing, Monitoring and Evaluating Programmes and Projects in line with the Delta State Industrial Policy;
- Disseminating information on Industrial and Investible Opportunities in Delta State;
- Organizing Townhall Meets for Stakeholder
- Providing Technical and Managerial Extension Services to industries in Delta State;
- Conducting Industrial Inspection to ensure Compliance with Industrial and Occupational Safety Regulations;
- Carrying out oversight functions on State Owned Companies;
- Representing Delta State Government in the Board of Industrial Enterprises with Delta State Government shareholding;
- Providing and Managing industrial infrastructure;
- Facilitating the application of Research findings, Science, Technology and ICT to industrial (Processing, Fabrication and Manufacturing) activities;
- Secretariat for the Delta State Commercialization and Privatization Committee; and
- Instituting and facilitating functional Partnerships with Stakeholders in the Industrialization process.
The policy Thrust of the Department is to achieve accelerated industrial Development in Delta State.
- Effective monitoring/supervision of industries operating in the State to ensure compliance to Government policies on industries;
- Provision of enabling environment for current and prospective investors;
- Establishment of Industrial Layout that have good Road network, electricity and other infrastructural facilities and security;
- Encouraging the utilization of local raw materials to reduce prices of manufactured goods;
- Adopting Public Private Partnership (PPP) arrangement for achieving effective industrialization process in the State;
- Encourage the use of indigenous technology for manufactured good for export. – Encouraging consumption of locally made goods;
- Liaising with security operatives(s) Custom to check influx of contraband goods;
- Local Governments to establish industrial Estates/ Clusters in the State;
- To periodically organize workshop/seminars for Industrialists to embrace more acceptable ways of doing business with linkages to research institutions;
- To continuously gather data to update the Industrial Directory of the State;
- To provide information on investment potentials to prospective investors.
The under listed Government owned projects are supervised by the Ministry:-
1. Bendel Steel Structures Ltd.
2. Delta Glass Company Ltd.
3. Koko Export Processing Zone.
4. Asaba Texiles Mills PLC.
6. Agro Processing Projects Ltd
7. Petroleum/Gas Development Company
8. Industrial Estates/ Layouts Development
9. Trade Fair Complex
PETROLEUM GAS DEVELOPMENT: Delta State is a key oil producing States in Nigeria. Most of the oil/gas occurs in most parts of Delta State. Much of the gas is being flared in course of exploration while the crude oil is piped to existing export terminals for export. Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC) is one of the Oil companies presently operating in the State. There is, therefore, the strong need for investors to establish the refineries and other down stream projects in the State to exploit/utilize the oil potentials in the State. Moreover, under the present Federal Government policy, licenses are being granted for private and State owned refineries in the Country. This project is a strategic industry and as such investors would be welcomed to participate in the development of the oil sector in the State.
Department Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org