DEPARTMENT OF INDUSTRIES
i. Industrial Promotions (including projects implementation, production and management).
ii. Industrial feasibility studies and profiles
iii. Small scale industries scheme
iv. Industrial Estates, Clusters and Layouts
v. Industrial Estate Workshops (Mechanic village)
vi. Other State industrial establishments
vii. Relation with other State Governments, the Federal Government and External Agencies in all matters relating to industry.
viii. Government?own limited liability Companies and participated industries.
ix. Matters relating to industries
x. Representing the State Government on the Board.
xi. Matters relating to Manufacturing and Crafts.
xii. Representing the State Government on National Council of Industry?s Meeting and National Industrial Conferences, Seminars and workshops.
xiii. Organizing State Council on Industry Conferences, Seminars and Workshops.
The policy Thrust of the Department is to achieve and accelerated pace of industrial Development in the State in line with vision 20:20-20
The objective of Delta State industrial Policy is to achieve and accelerated pace of industrial development in the State. Delta State?s Industrial Sector is therefore considered the prime move of the State economy. The elements of this objective include: – Providing greater employment opportunities; – Increased private sector participation in the manufacturing Sector – Encourage increased export of manufactured goods for the State – Dispersal of Industries in the State.
- Effective monitoring/supervision of industries operating in the State to ensure compliance to Government policies on industries;
- Provision of enabling environment for current and prospective investors;
- Establishment of Industrial Layout that have good Road network, electricity and other infrastructural facilities and security;
- Encouraging the utilization of local raw materials to reduce prices of manufactured goods;
- Adopting Public Private Partnership (PPP) arrangement for achieving effective industrialization process in the State;
- Encourage the use of indigenous technology for manufactured good for export. – Encouraging consumption of locally made goods;
- Liaising with security operatives(s) Custom to check influx of contraband goods;
- Local Governments to establish industrial Estates/ Clusters in the State;
- To periodically organize workshop/seminars for Industrialists to embrace more acceptable ways of doing business with linkages to research institutions;
- To continuously gather data to update the Industrial Directory of the State;
- To provide information on investment potentials to prospective investors.
The under listed Government owned projects are supervised by the Ministry:-
1. Bendel Steel Structures Ltd.
2. Delta Glass Company Ltd.
3. Koko Export Processing Zone.
4. Asaba Texiles Mills PLC.
6. Agro Processing Projects Ltd
7. Petroleum/Gas Development Company
8. Industrial Estates/ Layouts Development
9. Trade Fair Complex
PETROLEUM GAS DEVELOPMENT: Delta State is a key oil producing States in Nigeria. Most of the oil/gas occurs in most parts of Delta State. Much of the gas is being flared in course of exploration while the crude oil is piped to existing export terminals for export. Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC) is one of the Oil companies presently operating in the State. There is, therefore, the strong need for investors to establish the refineries and other down stream projects in the State to exploit/utilize the oil potentials in the State. Moreover, under the present Federal Government policy, licenses are being granted for private and State owned refineries in the Country. This project is a strategic industry and as such investors would be welcomed to participate in the development of the oil sector in the State.
Department Contact Email: email@example.com